I have been a realtor for almost 20 years. After transferring many times with my own family, I am personally familiar with the moving process. I have been involved with remodeling, building, and staging homes. The best part about my job is that I love that I get the opportunity to find the perfect home that excites my clients!

Monday, December 17, 2012

Are you taking advantage of this major tax deduction?

I read an article on AOL Real Estate that I think might be helpful to a lot of people!

Did you know that you can get a claim a mortgage interest rate deduction from your taxes?  The article states that only 18% of Louisiana home owners take advantage of this deal, but it can save you a lot of money!!!

However, with a looming fiscal cliff, the government is debating on taking this tax break away because it would save the federal government $108 billion annually.  It's important to note, though, that taking this tax break away could affect the real estate market because the break is intended to encourage buyers to take on homeownership!

Nonetheless, keep a close eye on this debate.  Filing for this deduction could save you a lot of money!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment