I have been a realtor for almost 20 years. After transferring many times with my own family, I am personally familiar with the moving process. I have been involved with remodeling, building, and staging homes. The best part about my job is that I love that I get the opportunity to find the perfect home that excites my clients!

Monday, May 6, 2013

Louisiana made another list!



Who knew that Louisiana was a great place to retire!  I can't say I'm surprised, but this morning KATC posted a link on facebook from Bankrate.com saying that Louisiana ranks No. 2 in the 10 Best States for Retirement!

Here is the write up:

"Besides jazz and beignets, Louisiana offers retirees an excellent combination of low taxes (the Tax Foundation ranks it as the fourth lowest in the nation) and balmy weather. Louisiana has a 30-year average temperature -- that includes both winter lows and summer highs -- of 66.7 degrees. That's higher than every other state except Hawaii and Florida. It also has better-than-average access to medical care and a relatively low cost of living. One major knock on Louisiana, however, is a crime rate that's among the highest in the nation. The FBI says there are 4,244 property and violent crimes per 100,000 people in Louisiana."

Then I googled, "Lafayette, LA retirement," and I found an article on Forbes.com, and Lafayette, LA was listed as one of the "Best Places for a Working Retirement in 2013!"  Here is their write up:

"The capital of Cajun culture has a lot going for it besides tasty food. This includes a 3.7% unemployment rate, a cost of living 12% below the national average, and a typical home price of $150,000, 19% below the U.S. average of $186,000. The state's tax climate is good and so is the local air quality."

No comments:

Post a Comment