I have been a realtor for almost 20 years. After transferring many times with my own family, I am personally familiar with the moving process. I have been involved with remodeling, building, and staging homes. The best part about my job is that I love that I get the opportunity to find the perfect home that excites my clients!

Wednesday, September 19, 2012

3 hot remodeling trends!

Yahoo Homes published an article about hot remodeling trends right now!

Here is a short version of the article!

Garages are doing a lot more than storing cars.  Lots of people use them for craft areas, exercise equipment, or even a place for entertainment.  People are making these rooms look less like simply a slab of concrete and more multipurpose.  Storage is key in this room!  Built in storage with doors is a great way to keep it looking clean.  Paint the walls and consider staining the floor or getting a garage mat surface.  Keep it bright too!


Laundry rooms are also a space that is becoming more multi-functional.  I don't know about you, but my laundry room always gets my excess of things I'm not sure what to do with (i.e. toilet paper rolls, paper towels, phone books, light bulbs, etc.)  Storage in this space is KEY!  You can never have too much storage!  


Kitchens have always been a hot remodel!  A lot of people agree kitchens help sell a home.  One of the biggest items buyers look for is an island!  Eat in kitchens also remain popular and having seating at your island or peninsula is a great idea!!!


Check out the article, though, for a more detailed version!


No comments:

Post a Comment