I have been a realtor for almost 20 years. After transferring many times with my own family, I am personally familiar with the moving process. I have been involved with remodeling, building, and staging homes. The best part about my job is that I love that I get the opportunity to find the perfect home that excites my clients!

Monday, September 24, 2012

5 Great Staging Ideas!

It's a great idea to have neutral paint on the wall when you go to sell your home. I read a great article about staging (you can read it here). Cheryl Eisen, a NYC top real estate stager, says, "The colors we use can outshine the property, so it's important to stay with neutrals on most walls."  You want the buyer to focus on the beautiful space.  You don't want any design element to overshadow the home.

Here are Eisen's favorite staging tips:

Favorite all around neutral:  Stonington Gray


Best dramatic neutral: Chelsea Gray


Make a room look bigger with stripes:  
-  Thick vertical stripes make the ceilings look taller.
-  Horizontal stripes can make a room look wider.
-  She likes to alternate closely related neutrals or using different finishes with the same color (semi-gloss and flat).


Create a virtual room:
-  Paint one wall a deeper color, if you want to create a special area within it.  For example, if you want a desk space in a bedroom, paint the wall the desk is on a different color.  Eisen LOVES chalkboard paint.


Calm chaotic spaces with Gossamer blue:
This is a great color for kids or teens room.



No comments:

Post a Comment