I have been a realtor for almost 20 years. After transferring many times with my own family, I am personally familiar with the moving process. I have been involved with remodeling, building, and staging homes. The best part about my job is that I love that I get the opportunity to find the perfect home that excites my clients!

Monday, February 25, 2013

Real Estate Buzz Words

Geez, I was so busy today, I almost forgot to post!  :)  Busy is good!

About the "buzz words"!

Real Estate "buzz words" is a term used for the words you use in your listing description.  It is important to choose your words carefully because some words can be seen as negative.   Using the right words can sometimes result in a higher sales price.

I found two great articles that have great advice:  MSN Real Estate and Zillow.

As your realtor, I will make sure your description appeals to the buyers in our local area, but here are some guidelines

1.  Be specific!  Instead of "wood floors" be more specific in your description.  Use adjectives.  "Oak floors" might have a more positive reaction.

2.  "Updated" is a good word or dropping high end appliance names always gets peoples attention.  People like to hear brand names not just a general statement.

3.  Buyers often want turn key homes, so using the term "fixer" or "investment" can sometimes turn buyers off.  However, sometimes this can also attract first time buyers looking to buy a "fixer upper" property in a good location (nice neighborhood and/or school district) at an affordable price.  "Income property" might be a good term to use if the latter is the case!

4.  Watch out for superlatives... "charming" or "cozy" make the buyer think "small,"  "classic" could make people think "old", etc.

5.  Anything that saves they buyer money is great... "energy efficient," "solar," "low HOA fees"

Of course your realtor will create a description of your home, but it's important that you communicate to your realtor what you want to convey to the potential buyers!


No comments:

Post a Comment