I have been a realtor for almost 20 years. After transferring many times with my own family, I am personally familiar with the moving process. I have been involved with remodeling, building, and staging homes. The best part about my job is that I love that I get the opportunity to find the perfect home that excites my clients!

Wednesday, February 20, 2013

Supply and Demand for Homebuyers in Lafayette

Evidence that demand remains extremely strong, the number of Lafayette Parish pending home sales reported in January rose by over 30% over January 20012. The 306 reported pending sales was also a record breaker exceeding the 298 previous record reported in January 2007. 



So too for the $61 plus million in dollar volume of pending sales reported in January. This bested the previous January record reported in January 2007 of just over $60 million .


As far as the balance of supply and demand, the report shows that January 2013 ended with a 5.2 overall number of month’s supply of housing in Lafayette Parish. This is down from 8.2 month in January 2012. Both re-sales and new construction saw their respective number of month’s supply drop in January 2013 as compared to January 2012.


This representation is based in whole or in part on data supplied by the REALTOR Association of Acadiana Multiple Listing Service. Neither the Board nor its MLS guarantees or is in any way responsible for its accuracy. Data maintained by the Board may not reflect all real estate activity in the marketplace. 

No comments:

Post a Comment