I have been a realtor for almost 20 years. After transferring many times with my own family, I am personally familiar with the moving process. I have been involved with remodeling, building, and staging homes. The best part about my job is that I love that I get the opportunity to find the perfect home that excites my clients!

Thursday, June 14, 2012

According to our market today, do you know approximately how long it might take to sell your house?

This chart represents Lafayette Parish only.  The first column represents the price of the house.  The second column represents how many houses sold in that price range from January - May 2012.  The third column represents how many houses are  currently listed in that price range.  The fourth column is how many months, on average, a home in that price range was listed before it sold.

For example, there were 76 homes sold in the $200,000 - $219,000 price range from January - May 2012.  There are currently 100 homes actively listed in this price range and those homes take an average of 6.6 months to sell.  Obviously, there are a lot of factors that depend on how quick your house sells, but this represents an average.

Find your price range and see how long it might take to sell your house.  Are you surprised by your number?!?!!  Let me know if you have any questions!

No comments:

Post a Comment