I have been a realtor for almost 20 years. After transferring many times with my own family, I am personally familiar with the moving process. I have been involved with remodeling, building, and staging homes. The best part about my job is that I love that I get the opportunity to find the perfect home that excites my clients!

Monday, August 20, 2012

For Sale By Owner vs Realtor



Anyone who has sold a home has asked the question, realtor or no realtor?!!?!  Selling your house For Sale Buy Owner (FSBO) can be tempting for the lone fact that you don't have to pay a realtor a commission.  However, there are a lot of downfalls that go along with it.

I found this great article on REALTOR.com about FSBO woes.  Click here to read it in detail, but I'll give you the main points.

1.  FSBOs can't list their home on the MLS.

2.  Agents won't show FSBOs homes.

3.  FSBOs usually overprice their homes.

4.  Buyers will feel intimidated.

5.  FSBOs are likely to stumble into legal trouble.

I also read on REALTOR.com that only 10% of FSBO are actually successful in selling their home and most of those already knew the buyer (i.e. sold to family or a friend).

No comments:

Post a Comment