I have been a realtor for almost 20 years. After transferring many times with my own family, I am personally familiar with the moving process. I have been involved with remodeling, building, and staging homes. The best part about my job is that I love that I get the opportunity to find the perfect home that excites my clients!

Wednesday, August 22, 2012

House Beautiful's Color Report!

Housebeautiful came out with a color report for 2012 and this is what they concluded:

P.S.  I also read about this on Benjamin Moore's website, but for some reason the most of the pictures weren't showing up!  If you click on the link, maybe you will have better luck!?!

1.  29% of people said their favorite color was blue!

2.  After polling readers on their favorite colors for a room, they learned that yellow kitchens were a favorite, winning narrowly over white kitchens!


3.  Orange was a popular color among bloggers and readers.  Also, brown was voted as "out"!


4.  After polling designers, they chose red as a favorite for dining rooms and white as a favorite for living rooms and kitchens.

5.  Each regions has favorite colors.  The West coast prefers blue bedrooms, the Midwest is big into yellow kitchens, and orange is the chosen favorite for the Southeast.


6.  Readers and designers chose blue as their chosen bedroom color!


7.  Green and purple are in!  Here are some of Benjamin Moore's favorite greens and purples!


8.  People over 45 years of age, generally chose white living rooms, green dining rooms, and yellow kitchens.  People under 45, generally chose gray living rooms, blue dining rooms, and white kitchens!



No comments:

Post a Comment