I have been a realtor for almost 20 years. After transferring many times with my own family, I am personally familiar with the moving process. I have been involved with remodeling, building, and staging homes. The best part about my job is that I love that I get the opportunity to find the perfect home that excites my clients!

Monday, April 1, 2013

Home Staging TIps



I found a great article about simple home staging tips here.

Lots of people are tempted to bake cookies or spray some smell goods and some even play music to leave their house feel welcoming to buyers.

Here are 3 general rules to follow if you want to do that:

1.  Keep it simple.

  • Choose simple scents.  According to the article, shoppers spend 31.8% more time in home decor stores when the scent was a plain orange instead of a blend of orange, green tea, and basin. The more simple, the less distracting!
  • Keep songs slower. Faster tempo songs, leads to faster moving buyers.  You want buyers to move slower through out the house!  
2.  Keep it pleasant.

  • If the scent is too strong, buyers will want to rush out of your home so they can get a breath of fresh air.  You want the scent to smell good, but almost unnoticeable so that they buyers can focus on your house, not the smell!
  • The louder the song, the more the buyer will focus on the music instead of your house.  


3.  Keep it consistent.

  • Have the scent fit the surroundings or season.   If you have a stone and wood home, have a pine scent.  If it's winter, use christmas scents.  If it's spring, use florals.  

No comments:

Post a Comment