I have been a realtor for almost 20 years. After transferring many times with my own family, I am personally familiar with the moving process. I have been involved with remodeling, building, and staging homes. The best part about my job is that I love that I get the opportunity to find the perfect home that excites my clients!

Monday, April 29, 2013

5 Low Cost Curb Appeal Tips!



It's Spring and a popular time to spruce up your yard!  The outside of your home is the first thing people see, so you should try to create a good first impression.

AOL Real Estate had a great article about low cost tips for good curb appeal.  I thought they had some great ideas!

1.  Remove debris everyday.

  • If you just take a few minutes everyday to pull a few weeds.  Personally, I love to use Roundup in my flower beds.  If your weeds are bad, you use this and they are gone!  Make sure not to spray your plants though.  I've used this since I moved into my house and now I rarely have any weeds.  
  • Also, pick up the pine needles or extra leaves, it makes your home look well taken care of and easy to maintain.  You don't want buyers to be overwhelmed by the amount of work that needs to be done to spruce up your landscaping!
2.  Trim everything back to a "just planted" look.
  • You want all the plants to seem slow growing, and again, easy to maintain.  Windows and natural light are big selling features so it's important to not have plants or trees blocking the windows!  
3.  Make a splash with annual color.
  • Color makes your landscaping pop and gets those buyers to give your home a second glance!  I, personally, love impatians and vinca, for our area because they are so easy to maintain (no pruning and not much watering), grow full and bright, and last from spring until the beginning of fall!
4.  Top off the flower bed.
  • A little bit of mulch can go a long way!  It just makes your bed look refreshed and new!  It also helps control those weeds!
5.  Keep it green.
  • The article suggests painting your lawn with turf paint if your yard is brown, but I have never done that, so I'm not sure of the results.  You can always try weed and feed and fertilizer and see how that works!

No comments:

Post a Comment