I have been a realtor for almost 20 years. After transferring many times with my own family, I am personally familiar with the moving process. I have been involved with remodeling, building, and staging homes. The best part about my job is that I love that I get the opportunity to find the perfect home that excites my clients!

Wednesday, April 17, 2013

Lafayette is making "Top" lists again!

I love our city and I'm so glad it gets recognized for it's greatness! 

 I saw an article that said we topped the "Top 10 Small American City of the Future" and it led me to other articles where we topped the list!  


Lafayette tops the list for FDI (Foreign Direct Investment) Strategy.  According to Wikipedia, Foreign Direct Investment is an, "investment into production or business in a country by a company in another country, either by buying a company in the target country or by expanding operations of an existing business in that country.  You can read more about this on KATC's  and The Advertiser's website!


Lafayette placed 7th in the overall catagory.  The ranking was based on several points, but some included economic potential, human resources, cost effectiveness, infrastructure, and business friendliness.  Cities were also judged on a written submission about their current strategies for FDI promotion. 


The Milken Institute put out a list of the best preforming cities of 2012.  Although Lafayette wasn't number 1 or even in the top 10, I think it's important to see how much we improved since 2011.  In 2011, we were ranked 93.  In 2012, we ranked 24!  We moved up 63 spots!  That's amazing!


Lastly, Lafayette ranked number 6 our of 10 in Livability's top Foodie Cities.  This probably doesn't come as a surprise to anyone because we certainly do have some good food here!  

 I love living here and it gives me great joy to find homes for new families moving here because I know they will love it like I do! 





No comments:

Post a Comment