I have been a realtor for almost 20 years. After transferring many times with my own family, I am personally familiar with the moving process. I have been involved with remodeling, building, and staging homes. The best part about my job is that I love that I get the opportunity to find the perfect home that excites my clients!

Monday, April 30, 2012

How long do you think your house would take to sell?

The following report shows the list of sold properties in Lafayette Parish according to price range from January 2011 - December 2011.  The red information in the middle of the columns pertains to all of the information up to or in between the light gray lines.  The "Supply" column is how many months on average a home in that price range was on the market.

51.5% of all homes sold in 2011 fell in between the $150,000 - $299,999.  In 2011, 1,100 homes in this price range sold.  In 2010, 1,268 homes in this price range sold.  That is a -13.25% difference.  Hopefully we'll see a + in 2012!!!

The average time a home in that price range was on the market was 6.1 months.  In 2010 it was 5.9 months, so 2011 took slightly longer to sell a home in this price range.

Look at your price range to see where your house would have fallen last year.  Even if you aren't in the market to sell, it's interesting to see what you would need to expect.  

If you have any questions about this chart, please don't hesitate to ask!


No comments:

Post a Comment