I have been a realtor for almost 20 years. After transferring many times with my own family, I am personally familiar with the moving process. I have been involved with remodeling, building, and staging homes. The best part about my job is that I love that I get the opportunity to find the perfect home that excites my clients!

Thursday, April 19, 2012

How to keep your house show ready!

If you've ever had your house on the market, you know that keeping your house "show" ready is not always a fun task, and proves nearly impossible when you have young kids in the house.  It's never a good idea to deny because that could be your sale, so it's good to always be prepared!  Here are a few things you can do to stay on top of things and to keep your house "show" ready!

1.  Create some empty drawer space so that you can put last minute things inside.  I find that mail, keys, wallets, etc. have a way of always being on the counters in my kitchen!  It would be great if you had a place, like an empty drawer, to throw those things into at the last minute.

2.  Get some bins to go under the beds in every room!  If you get a last minute call, you can run to rooms, scope out what's on the floor and put them in the bins!  Of course, you have to clean them out again so that the NEXT time you get a call, they aren't already full!

3.  Put a small carpet by the door and have people take their shoes off and keep them on the carpet.  No shoes on your carpets means less dirt.  If you get "the call" you can just remove the carpet quickly!

4.  Stay on top of it!  Make your bed every morning, put a dirty dish in the dishwasher, pull your weeds every evening, etc.  It only takes a few minutes to do small tasks, but if you let them build up, it can be overwhelming!  

No comments:

Post a Comment