I have been a realtor for almost 20 years. After transferring many times with my own family, I am personally familiar with the moving process. I have been involved with remodeling, building, and staging homes. The best part about my job is that I love that I get the opportunity to find the perfect home that excites my clients!

Monday, May 14, 2012

Tips on how to sell your home in the summer time!

Summer can be a great time for people to move since kids are out of school and the family can get settled before a new school year starts!  However, sometimes it can be a tough time to sell since it's also a time that families go on vacations and have other family activities that keep the buyers distracted!

Here are a few tips to sell your home in the summertime!

1.  Keep your lawn manicured!  Mow AT LEAST once a week.  Curb appeal is what gets the buyers inside!!!

2.  Bring the light inside!  Open your blinds (or even raise them up)!  Pull back the curtains!  Brighten up your home!

3.  Supply summer treats and drinks!  It's HOT out there, so bake some cookies and have some lemonade in a pitcher for the potential buyers!  They might remember that and, hopefully, your house will stick out in their minds at the end of their day house hunting!!

4.  Keep the house cool!  You don't want your buyers entering a hot house and wanting to rush out there! They want a reprieve from the heat, so turn down your ac and make it chilly enough so that they don't want to go back outside (but not too chilly, of course)!

No comments:

Post a Comment