I have been a realtor for almost 20 years. After transferring many times with my own family, I am personally familiar with the moving process. I have been involved with remodeling, building, and staging homes. The best part about my job is that I love that I get the opportunity to find the perfect home that excites my clients!

Monday, July 2, 2012

10 DIY Projects To Help Sell Your Home Faster!

On yahoo news I found an article about 10 things you can do to sell your home faster.  Click on this link to read the whole article, but here are the main points:

1.  Create a welcoming entrance
     - Remove weeds, trim plants, paint the door and remove clutter (i.e. shoes, keys, mail)

2.  Mulch
     - make it 1-3 inches thick

3.  Eliminate odors
     - you might not think there is an odor, but buyers might.  Baking soda is a great odor neutralizer

4.  Resurface cabinets
     - Replacing cabinets is expensive, but sprucing them up isn't!

5.  Base-board repairs
    - make sure they are clean, repaint if you need, and fill all nail holes!

6.  Nail-hole repairs
 
7.  Caulking
     - Pay special attention to caulking in the bathroom because lots of times the caulk can get moldy!

8.  Spruce up your appliances
     - Clean, clean, clean!  Notice a pattern?!  Buyers want a nice, clean home!

9.  Change a handle
     - This article talks about changing appliance handles, but change outdated door knobs and cabinet knobs can be an inexpensive way to update your home!

10.  Clean out closets
     - Buyers look behind all doors, so you can't cheat and shove everything into a closet!  

No comments:

Post a Comment