I have been a realtor for almost 20 years. After transferring many times with my own family, I am personally familiar with the moving process. I have been involved with remodeling, building, and staging homes. The best part about my job is that I love that I get the opportunity to find the perfect home that excites my clients!

Friday, July 6, 2012

Does a Pool Add Value to Your Home?



I've been seeing lots of pools going in backyards this summer and I get this question a lot:  Does a pool add value to my home?

A pool may slightly add to the value of your home if the buyer wants a pool, however, if you put a pool in your backyard you will not receive the full value of the pool when you sell.  You may be able to add $5,000-$10,000 to the list price of your home, but even that is very questionable.  Therefore, when deciding whether you should put a pool in your backyard, do it for the pleasure of your family and not for an investment!

No comments:

Post a Comment