I have been a realtor for almost 20 years. After transferring many times with my own family, I am personally familiar with the moving process. I have been involved with remodeling, building, and staging homes. The best part about my job is that I love that I get the opportunity to find the perfect home that excites my clients!

Wednesday, July 11, 2012

Carpet stain removal ideas!!!

A friend of mine bought a house and the previous owners left this terrible red candle wax stain!  She hired a carpet cleaner to clean the carpets and although he did a great job cleaning them, the stain didn't fade a bit. After some research she learned a trick  She put a white towel over the stain and ironed (low heat) over it to get the wax up.  Fortunately, it worked with the wax, but not the red dye.  She then put Goo Gone on the stain.  It's important not to rub the carpet because it will fray.  Use your fingers or the soft side of the spoon to rub it in.  Then use the towel over it and iron again!  The stain transferred to the towel.  Although she had to repeat that process several times, she was thrilled with the results.  Here are the before and after pictures!


I found this site that gives tons of suggestions for all different kinds of carpet stains!  

Do you have any cleaning tricks that I could add to my blog?!?!  Let me know!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment